Attention:

ATTENTION: I am no longer posting on this blog. Please come visit me on my NEW website LeopardCouture.Com :) Have a great day!!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Work to Happy Hour in Polka Dots

For those of you ladies that are currently working that 9-to-5 this post is for you! Sometimes after work you meet your girls for dinner or go for drinks with your co-workers, and you don’t have the time to go home and get ready. Today, I'll show you how to transform your outfit from work to happy hour! 

Outfit #1: Work 

If you're looking for a clean, simple and classic look for work, you can't ever go wrong with black and white. To add a little something to the outfit, I went for this cute polka dot blouse. I let it be the "centre of attention" and stuck to a black pencil skirt and comfy wedges. Sheer blouses are a MUST in any wardrobe, because they literally can be worn to work, casually tucked into jeans, and as you'll see in Outfit #2 loosely worn for the evening! 

For makeup and hair I kept it very simple. Black winged liner on the top with a nude lip. Then for hair, I just took two strands from the front and pinned it at the back of my head, criss-crossing the bobby pins. It keeps the hair out of my face..plus it looks like I tried a little ;) 

business casual polka dots



business casual polka dots

business casual polka dots

business casual polka dots

Outfit Details
Top: Forever21
Skirt: RW&CO
Wedges: Gianni Bini
Necklace: The Bay 


Outfit #2: Happy Hour  

For the evening look, I kept with the black and white theme, and as you can see I'm wearing the same top and necklace. This necklace works great with this look a.) because the pearls add a feminine and dressier touch and b.) since the circular shape of it pairs nicely with the polka dots. If you mix shapes it will clash (no triangle necklaces here ladies!!) I traded in my pencil skirt for some liquid leggings. They're awesome as they can be rolled up and thrown in your bag, taking up barely any space! I'm wearing booties, a great fall essential, plus they elongate the legs! Opt out for some fancy flats instead if you want to give your feet a rest! 

For makeup, try going a little smokier and apply liner on your lower lash line! Use the same nude colour you used during the day, or if you're feeling extra bold add some colour to your lips! My hair is curled here, but if you're crushed for time, try a sleek high pony! I recommend the TRESemmé extra hold mini hair spray to keep your hair up all night! 






Outfit Details
Leggings: Old
Booties: Forever21 
Wristlet: Coach 


Photo Cred. Candra Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment